Paula Abdul Denies Alcohol Caused American Idol Mishap
Abdul Denies Rumors Of Alcohol During American Idol Telecast
Paula Abdul Smirking Paula Abdul has always had offbeat answers when it was her turn to judge contestants. That is what made what happen Tuesday even more peculiar.
Abdul made a mistake that had many viewers, other judges, and Ryan Seacrest all trying to figure out what it was that Abdul was talking about. She went into a complete analysis of Jason Castro's performances on two songs. The only problem was that he had only performed one before the critique.
TMZ.com accused the singer of being under the influence of alcohol during the show. That has prompted
"Absolutely not true," she said. "The producers come up to us in the dark and said, 'We are not going to have you guys judge after each performer, we are going to have all the performers go once, then twice and at the end critique them.'"
This was not the first time that Abdul has had to explain herself. A few seasons ago she was accused of having a fling with one of the contestants. The show conducted an investigation but concluded the relationship did not affect the outcome.
Photo Copyright: PR Photos
Spread The Word
- American Idol Results - Syesha Mercado Gone, David Cook, Archuleta In Finale
- American Idol Results: Brooke White Eliminated
- American Idol May Change Format, Starting With Ryan Seacrest
- American Idol Cruises On With Neil Diamond
- American Idol Winner Jordan Sparks Withdraws From Alicia Keys Tour
- American Idol Kristy Lee Cook Voted Off On Wednesday Night
- Michael Johns Eliminated From American Idol